Gainesville Accident Insurance Coverage Lawyer
Helping You Understand the Available Options
Although not required by law, many Florida drivers buy other types of insurance coverage in addition to the mandatory personal injury protection (PIP) insurance and property damage liability insurance. At the Law Offices of Jorge Luis Colón, P.A., our lawyer can explain these other kinds of insurance and how they work.
- Collision insurance pays for repairs to your car if it collides with another motor vehicle, crashes into an object or rolls over. This insurance pays regardless of who caused the accident, but it does not cover injuries to people or damage to the property of others.
- Comprehensive insurance pays for losses from incidents other than a collision. Examples would be fire, falling objects, theft, hail, windstorm, vandalism, floods or hitting a deer or another animal.
- Uninsured motorist (UM) insurance covers medical expenses, lost wages, sickness or other bodily injuries if you or your family members are hit by an at-fault driver who does not have sufficient insurance. This applies to hit-and-run accidents, pedestrian accidents and more.
- Medical payment insurance covers medical expenses beyond those covered by PIP, which result from accidental injury to you, your passengers or your family members, regardless of which driver was at fault or whether you were in your car or on foot.
- Rental reimbursement coverage allows you to be reimbursed for the costs of renting a car if an accident damages your own vehicle and prevents it from being driven.
- Collision damage is similar to insurance and may cover damages to rental cars you drive, depending on your rental car policy. If you used your credit card to rent the car, the credit card company may also cover collision damages.
- Accidental death and dismemberment insurance covers you and all relatives who live in your home, regardless of fault, for accidental death or dismemberment due to an auto accident.
Learn More From an Experienced Ocala Collision Insurance Attorney
For more information about your rights and options under different types of coverage, talk to our Ocala and Gainesville accident insurance coverage attorney today. Schedule a free initial consultation by calling the Law Offices of Jorge Luis Colón, P.A., at 352-484-1845 or toll free at 888-459-5051, or contact us online.