Helping Florida Clients in Disputes Over Parentage

When a married couple has a child, the law presumes that the husband is the father of that child. The situation is more complicated for unwed couples. Your rights as a parent may require the court to officially determine the paternity of the child. At the Law Offices of Jorge Luis Colón, P.A., we represent parents in cases involving paternity. Contact us online, call 352-484-1845 or toll free at 888-459-5051 to discuss your situation with an experienced Ocala or Gainesville paternity attorney.

Fathers’ Rights

If your child is born out of wedlock, the child’s mother may exclude you from your child’s life. You must file a petition to establish paternity to have any rights as the father. We can help you protect your interests by taking the correct legal steps. The sooner you speak to a lawyer, the sooner you can assert your rights and protect your relationship with your child.

Ocala DNA Testing Attorney

In some cases, there may be uncertainty as to the parentage of the child. Mothers seeking to collect child support or divide the parenting responsibilities must file a petition to establish the identity of the father before the court will allocate support responsibilities. We have extensive experience in Florida paternity cases. We represent men and women in paternity, child custody (time-sharing) and child support cases. We communicate regularly with our clients to help them through the process as quickly and easily as possible.

Contact Us

For a low-cost initial consultation, send us an e-mail, call 352-484-1845 or toll free at 888-459-5051. We can meet with you to discuss you goals and help you decide if our services are right for you.